Tuesday, August 19, 2014
Public Workshop for FireScape Mendocino - Sept. 3/4 in Willits
Please join us for our fourth in a series of Workshops for FireScape Mendocino to be held at the Community Hall in Willits, CA on Wednesday, September 3 and Thursday, September 4, 2014.
FireScape Mendocino is a voluntary collaborative effort to shape the future of our fire-prone landscape in and near the Mendocino National Forest. Working together, we will emphasize shared learning, problem solving and action on the ground. Taking the next step in this collaborative effort, our goals will be:
• Share homework and updates since the last workshop.
• Use the situation diagram from Workshop 3 to decide which strategies the group will pursue, in order to boost the health and viability of the group’s shared values.
• Work through interactive exercises about the landscape, including case studies and maps from the local landscape.
• Introduce the next step – developing the activity plan that will guide work on the ground.
• Continue to build shared learning among participants in FireScape Mendocino.
During this two-day event, participants will work in both small and large groups with a variety of collaborators. Guided by the best practices of the North America Fire Learning Network, FireScape Mendocino is designed to enable people with diverse perspectives to find zones of agreement where we can achieve tangible results in our communities and the surrounding landscapes.
We need people...
... With local community perspectives
... Who enjoy outdoor recreation (camping, hunting, hiking, OHV, etc.)
... With perspectives on living with wildfires
... Who manage land - whether it’s a ranch, timberlands or their backyard
... With thoughts about community and landscape planning
... With enthusiasm and an interest in the future of our local landscapes
All meetings are open to the public and everyone is welcome to participate. Space may be limited, so if you are part of a large family or organization, please consider sending a few folks to speak for the larger group.
Location & Dates:
Wednesday, September 3 & Thursday, September 4
Willits Community Hall
111 East Commercial Street
Willits, CA 95490
Pre-registration is required by Wednesday, August 27th by close of business. To register, or for more information, please contact:
Marilyn Perham at 530-897-6370, ext. 200